A bright, fluid pale yellow colour with flashes of bright straw yellow and a lively stream of tiny bubbles that provides a persistent ring of mousse: everything to suggest a rich, fresh wine.
The first sensation on the nose is fresh and uplifting with notes of orange blossom, fresh pears, plums, elderberries and fleur de lis with a slightly smoky hint of flint. After breathing for a while notes of almonds, are released and hints of quince jam, apricot, roast pineapple, medlar, fig, mango and a touch of garlic.
The palate is immediately supple and fresh with a soft creamy effervescence.. Next comes the crisp and pulpy texture of fruit underscored by an acidity characterised by oranges and other fleshy fruits. The midpalate is orchestrated around a mainly clay-and-sand-like minerality that lends a bold fruity dimension and chewiness to the wine, plus an iodine salinity and almost tangible volume. The skilful use of wood brings to the whole a generous fruity character which contrasts with a certain suppleness which fades towards to the finish and gives way to gives way to a more rounded fruitiness with asserts itself bringing even more nuances
of flavour and aroma plus juiciness and a wonderful melting, juicy sensation.
Le Blanc de Meuniers is a multi-facted champagne whose immediate supplr fruitiness gives way to a well managed richness, to leave and impression both refined and yet pulpy. To get the full enjoyment from this champagne we recommend serving above 80 C in a tall and well-rounded glass and we suggest the following food matching ideas:
- Carpaccio of sea bass with citrus sabayon
- Sea bream tartar with mango and esplette pepper
- Crab infused with lime, mango and citrus fruit
- Butterflies of turbot, coloured carrots, in a spicy citrus fruit bouillon
- Confit of mackerel and citrus fruit, with mashed carrots and mandarins
- Sole and crayfish ragout
- Pan-fried salmon bass in demi-sel butter served with celery in hazelnut oil
- Pork filet mignon with honey and curry
- Rib of veal with mashed baby carrots and courgette cannelloni
- Saint-Felicien, young Mimolette and Comté matured for 12 months
There is no additional details for this product.